Searching for the right document management solution for your projects? With a market full of options, how do you know which is right for you?
Today, we’re sharing a handful of reasons why PRISM Docs is the ultimate document management tool for your projects.
When compared to other systems (like Unifier and Prolog), the difference is clear. When we look at these other tools in comparison to PRISM Docs, they offer a far more “light-weight” solution for your document management needs. Unlike these tools, PRISM Docs was developed solely for the purpose of managing your documents – other tools tend to be cost systems masquerading as document management systems.
Here are a few major differences between PRISM Docs and other Document Management Systems:
- Total software and services (total cost of ownership) over five years may be substantially less with PRISM Docs over the competition.
- PRISM Docs is easy to implement and maintain. Some systems take more than 12 months to implement. PRISM Docs take only three months.
- PRISM Docs leaves files in their native format. It doesn’t require the documents to be placed into a database like other systems do. This saves you money on your IT costs by minimizing database size and backup times.
- MultiCAD Support
- PRISM Docs supports the world’s most popular 2D and 3D CAD software, including AutoCAD, Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, and MicroStation. The tight integration with the top CAD software applications really provides you with a unique advantage when compared to other document management tools.
- Start small and grow as large as you need. Whether you need the tool for a workgroup or an enterprise it is a flexible and effective solution.
- Visualization, Markup, and Comparison
- The View, Markup and Compare tool is included when you purchase PRISM Docs. No hidden costs!
- Vault Replication
- Vault Replication allows multiple geographic locations to share a common PRISM Docs’ Vault, providing users at any location with fast, local access to the latest versions of documents.
- Binary Differencing
- PRISM Docs enables binary differencing, where only the changes between documents (not the entire file) are replicated to other sites. Binary differencing makes replication transfers much faster, while using significantly less network bandwidth. Its performance improvements will especially benefit organizations replicating vaults that contain 2D drawings or 3D models and collaborating online across sites.
- Bulk Document Load
- It’s easy and efficient to load your legacy documents into PRISM Docs, with all file relationships, thumbnails, and properties extracted automatically.
Beyond all the benefits listed above, PRISM Docs also integrates with entire ARES PRISM suite of software including Cost, Engineering, Contracts, Procurement and Field.
Ultimately, whether you are looking for a document management system to complement your use of the other ARES PRISM modules or simply require a standalone document management tool, then PRISM Docs is absolutely your best choice.
Interested in learning more? Download our helpful datasheet below or reach out to ARES PRISM for a free online demonstration of PRISM Docs. Once you see it, you’ll never look back.
PRISM Docs is a document management solution for finding, sharing and controlling critical technical and business documents. Download this datasheet to learn more about PRISM Docs.
This webinar discusses PRISM Docs, a document management solution that integrates with PRISM cost, engineering progress and construction progress data. It helps you find, share, and control critical, technical and business documents. Now you can visualize, markup and compare hundreds of document formats with automated version control.