Project Controls for Electric & Utility Capital Projects
Organizations in the power, utilities and nuclear energy industries are looking for ways to improve operational efficiencies and quickly deliver accurate monthly reports. The need for accurate forecasting, cost control, and the integration of operational systems, back-office systems, and supply chain management is crucial to these sectors.
Digitizing the Utility & Nuclear Energy Industries
ARES PRISM project management software has managed billions of dollars in scope on utilities and nuclear projects. ARES PRISM software can fully integrate with systems already in place, allowing your data to be shared in real-time across an organization’s programs. This effectively gets data where it needs to be instantly and destroys data silos. PRISM also allows for the tracking of changes made and established an audit trail.
Energy Industry Challenges
- Short time frame for month-end reporting
- Disconnected, insecure systems
- Inconsistent processes
- Decentralized data and data silos
- Errors in data from Excel spreadsheets
- Uncontrolled data and changes
PRISM has been digitizing projects across industries for more than 20 years, and today, our project controls software is being used by leading utilities organizations and nuclear energy companies all over the world, including Sellafield, Westinghouse, Origin Energy, Waste Management, Eskom, Mach Energy, American Electric Power, Low Level Waste Repository (LLWR), Nalcor, Duke Energy, and more.
Solving Energy Organizations’ Project Problems
Implementing ARES PRISM project management software can lead to major improvements, including:
- Reporting, change management, analysis and general data storage
- Easily create standard enterprise and project reports with accurate, timely data in the required format
- Integrate systems in place and establish bi-directional communication between programs
- Exceed earned value management requirements
- Greatly reduce time spent on monthly reporting, allowing more time for analysis
- Helps organizations shift from risk assurance to the anticipation of emerging risks